Safety & Scaffolding
This course intent is to provide the trainee with the standard requirements of scaffolding during erection and dismantling, and general maintenance of scaffolding materials.
Who should attend?
Scaffolders and HSE Professionals
By the end of this course the trainee, will
- Know the different components of scaffolds and their usage.
- Understand the standard scaffolding requirements from top to bottom levels.
- Have a safe and systematic control of activities during erection and dismantling of scaffolds.
- Be competent for inspection of scaffolds in any industry.
- Know how to handle, maintain and use the scaffold components.
- Scaffold Terms: What are different terms used in scaffolding and their definition.
- Scaffolding Materials: unloading, placing and storage of scaffolding materials are discussed.
- Scaffold Fittings: Different scaffold fittings, their usages, safe working loads of fittings are discussed in detail.
- Scaffold Foundations: different types of foundation that are anticipated and how to meet the requirement for scaffolds.
- Independent Scaffold: Different types of independent scaffolding, its load chart, rules for erection, requirements of independent scaffold-transoms, bracings, platforms and decking, frequency of ties etc.
- Mobile Towers: Description and components of tower scaffolds. What are safety points to be considered when used, and limitations of height?
- Pre-fabricated tower scaffolds: How to use during erection, dismantling, checks to be made are discussed.